View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 10:00 AM   #19 (permalink)
Davey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '15 NISMO 6MT
Davey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZ3 View Post
I DD my re-11's and its not a big deal.... Doesnt seem like a hardcore tire at all. I was actually a bit disappointed with them after all the praise they got on here. To me they ride excatly like the re050a with better handling characteristics. Thats pretty much it. They are a little quiter too. And its rain grip is pretty amazing. The only reason id chose the pole positions would be price. MPSS are a good dd tire, soft and quiet, decent handling, moderate lateral grip... Even though its a summer tire has pretty good all weather performance
I guess I didn't make it clear enough... They're "hardcore" in the sense that they sacrifice wet grip for dry grip and the treadwear is not that great, and they're expensive - not that they are uncomfortable. For a daily driver that sees 3-season temperatures and stop-and-go driving, they seem like a waste of money IMO.

The point is that the S-04's are quite a bit cheaper and other than the ultimate dry grip they'll do fine.
Davey is offline   Reply With Quote