View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 08:49 AM   #17 (permalink)
Davey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '15 NISMO 6MT
Davey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on what you want...

RE11's are pretty hardcore just for daily driving. If you like to drive "spiritedly" and want great performance on warm dry days and you're willing to compromise some performance in the rain (especially cold rain) they are a great choice.

The S-04's are also good tires and they are cheap, especially considering the performance level. If you don't need the most traction possible in the dry, they're a great choice. They're more of an "all around good" tire than something like the RE11. They will do better in heavy rain and slightly colder temps.

Both tires (like any Bridgestones I've tried) will have good turn-in feel due to the stiff sidewall.

Keep in mind that with these kind of tires, on a car like the Z, tires are not that big of a deal, because if you don't like them, in 8 - 12K miles, you'll be trying something else out, anyway.

If I were looking for a tire for a daily driven car that feels good in day-to-day use and could still dish out some performance I'd pick the S-04. If I were looking for tires for a weekend toy, I'd pick the RE11.
Davey is offline   Reply With Quote