View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 11:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
katjmmx
Base Member

Drives: 09 Z34 TT E85 6MT
katjmmx has a reputation beyond reputekatjmmx has a reputation beyond reputekatjmmx has a reputation beyond reputekatjmmx has a reputation beyond reputekatjmmx has a reputation beyond reputekatjmmx has a reputation beyond reputekatjmmx has a reputation beyond reputekatjmmx has a reputation beyond reputekatjmmx has a reputation beyond reputekatjmmx has a reputation beyond reputekatjmmx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbreath View Post
Just out of curiosity, why are you only shooting for 600whp on a built motor and E85? You could do that pretty safely with a stock motor from what some of these guys have shown.
Good question. Unfortunately I've personally learned the hard way what can happen if you push a motor too hard, when it hasn't been properly reinforced and maintained. After one terrible blown motor experience I would rather set a safe goal, which is really as fast as I'll ever need to drive, while attempting to keep wear and tear down. The reinforced block was never a question as after market twin turbos inherently need stronger parts. But being a bit gun shy from past lessons, I don't feel the need to set a dramatic power goal. I'm all about longevity and protecting my investment.

I am however secretly hoping to max out closer to 650
09 Z34 N #0060 F.I. #044
MA-Motorsports Fast Intentions EcuTek JWT ATS-Japan
katjmmx is offline   Reply With Quote