View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 07:08 AM   #1095 (permalink)
b15
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 4drz
b15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leingod View Post
Just astounding a 3 year old flagship model TV with the highest rated reviews for plasma and personally owning an Panasonic TV still going 15+ yrs strong would die on me like this. Customer service was a complete joke and basically laughed at me since it's out of warranty. I use to have high regards for Panasonic TV's. Seems now that everything is complete junk. I'll just go get one of the cheap $1,000 vizios who's parts costs pennies when something breaks.
I've never found Panasonic to have good quality, growing up we had a tube Panasonic that would crap put every 8months or so. My dad fixed it twice then put it in the dumpster where it belonged after 2years. my father in law still has a plasma and it does produce a great picture but you guessed it, it's had issues along the way (extended warranty repairs). It's also not a smart tv so he's committed it to the trash next time it goes out

In the LCD world, Panasonic TV's are not a contender and probabaly hard for you to believe but Vizio is probably better than anything Panasonic now. Regardless, buy a mid level 4k Samsung smart TV, they are the best (I'm a former Sony guy). They have decent specs and mine have been troublefree. Pretty affordable too ($1500 - $2000)

Last edited by b15; 09-18-2015 at 07:10 AM.