View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 04:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
nismo2evox
Base Member

Drives: Evo X
nismo2evox will become famous soon enough

Just to take a step back for a moment to put this into perspective (I think perhaps I wasn't clear) ... I'm comparing the experience with a bit lesser tire on the Z to a BRZ/FRS with their stock tires, which even according to top gear are a hoot because it allows you to have some fun.

You don't see warning threads telling every BRZ/FRS owner that they have sub par equipment so don't drive on the street. It's not like I'm planning doing what they did in that Chris Harris video either. Hell even cheap all season tires would still be better than the stock BRZ/FRZ tires. I'm looking to exploit the Nismo's phenomenal chassis on a street level. I don't plan on taking it to the track or driving at speeds that I could utilize a semi-track tire.

I do fully agree that a semi-track tire would give you the best response in an emergency situation so +1 for that, but comon its fun to kick the tail out a bit pulling away from a stop sign on to those those 40 mph ish back roads To do that on even the stock tires you really have to commit. The Dunlops according to tire rack have a less extreme compound than the stock tires and seem predictable which is why I am leaning towards them.

But I wouldn't put poor equipment on my car that would leave me a chance of having a crash just to do this. I'm basically reiterating what Chris Harris is saying at the end of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPh90yNX-mY

Last edited by nismo2evox; 09-17-2015 at 05:08 PM.
nismo2evox is offline   Reply With Quote