View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 11:28 AM   #572 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Tam I am View Post
Jay is alive and better than well. My computer is on life support today and has been in a coma for months.

I want to tell everyone how appreciative I am of all of you. The prayers did their job and again I thank you for every one of them.

Jay did her radiation five days a week for six weeks. The worry was loss of eye sight in the left eye but this did not occur. She has terrible double vision which we work on every day. She often speaks to the wrong (illusion) head because of the double vision. This will get better.

We were walking every day up until a recent heat wave and laziness set in.

The doctors told us it would be a year until she could drive again. We live too far away from public transportation to be useful so she is trapped without the use of a car. So before this was told to us, I started driver re-education. We found a church parking lot initially, and while wearing an eye patch, proceeded to do a reasonable job of driving and parking. We continued this all throughout radiation driving now on the streets while I comfortably sat in the passenger seat instructing her to go deeper into a turn so as not to put a tire into the other lane. She glommed on to this wonderfully. Never does she cross the line nor put a tire over the right side line either. After radiation ended, doctors gave a new revised 8-12 months before she could drive again.

One week later Jay asked after a drive if she could drive all by herself. Music to my ears as I knew full well she saw all the pitfalls ahead, like the bikes up ahead , pedestrians etc. She drives slowly unlike her former self so this makes for a very precise driver today. Jay is no longer a prisoner of home. :happy dance:

The only down sides of her recovery are hair loss, the left eye being independent, afternoon fatigue, slight mood swings, and the worst perhaps, not being able to mentally juggle things. Every one of life's speed bumps seems like Mt Everest to her. Once she could handle so many things at once, now one at a time. Nor does she sleep through the night and therefore I do not either.

Currently she is mentally miserable because the house continues to need maintenance and having the plumber, a contractor, and public work on the street is upcoming. Little things to all of us are huge to her.

Life gets easier and better each day even if I can't notice it. When I look back a week or month it is clear.

Some day I'll have time to get my computer fixed. Some day.
This is great news.