View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 09:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
nismo2evox
Base Member

Drives: Evo X
nismo2evox will become famous soon enough

I'd actually argue you are safer in the underground lot of your apartment complex rather than outside. I would be willing to bet people who you may see on occasion would be more cautious about dinging doors and such. Plus you generally won't have drunken rando's wandering around targeting your Z as much as if it were in an open lot somewhere.

Best bet is to pick a corner spot and park the passengers side door close to the wall/pole. If you have enough space between the line next to you and a door length you should be fine.

I think most of us feel your paranoia on parking regardless

Additional point - Some big underground facilities have cameras, or you can buy a dash cam that runs continuously or something to that effect.

One more point - It's a car, ***** going to happen regardless. I have an assigned spot in Boston, which is pretty much gold in a city where street parking will get your bumpers banged to ****. However, it rained the other day and the run off left hard water spots on the car, possibly due to the coating on the deck I park under. Sometimes you just can't win. Enjoy the car, there will always be another one in your future. Use precaution when you can but if **** happens no use stressing if you did everything you could within reason.

Last edited by nismo2evox; 09-15-2015 at 09:08 PM.
nismo2evox is offline   Reply With Quote