View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 10:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
370bluez
Base Member

Drives: 12 370z
370bluez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
there is no sport mode on the fly like the infinti but that's also due to infinti's being factory tuned to be soft and luxurious not sporty. so they give the option to press a button and stiffen up the shifts and make it feel sportier. also everything I've read on the g37 DS mode it doesn't do much. the best way to use the AT is to just shift it yourself.

the Z is built and tuned with spirited driving in mind hence there not being a sports mode button. it's tuned from factory to go go go.

you can however as I stated before have the line pressure tuned to make the AT shift even harder. I recommend it to anyone who gets their Z tuned since most don't know its an option with uprev or ecutek.
All that said... does the GT-R have a sport mode ? Arguably that car is also tuned with spirited driving in mind.

I have no issues with the D programming in the Z however going through canyons etc I'd prefer a sport mode that keeps the revs high 4000+ without throwing the car back into 7th after 2 seconds of not hitting the gas.

370bluez is offline   Reply With Quote