View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 08:09 PM   #41 (permalink)
nismo2evox
Base Member

Drives: Evo X
nismo2evox will become famous soon enough

Bought my new 2014 Nismo in June of this year and paid $37,000. After Tax Title and Reg I think it was somewhere about $39,000 OTD. Had to go out of state for it.

Local dealer had the same exact car in MA but wouldn't budge from $41K. I showed them the offer I had from the out of state dealer for the $37K and said I would do $39K +TT and Reg if they wanted to do the sale because it would cost me about $2K in travel and my time, but they said no. The car was also sitting on their lot for over a year or so.

Their argument is that they paid cash for the car so they would hold it until they got their $41K for it. I was surprised at that point they didn't want to move it even if to free up some cash at that point. I also got other offers right around $37K from multiple other dealers out of state on all colors.

Long story short - In my opinion for a lot of the prior year nismo's its how much the dealer is willing to take in a loss on the new car. I would venture to say that most Nismo's are probably a loser for most dealers and hard to move unless you luck out with a very particular buyer.

I also looked at a lot of used 2014 Nismo's and while I didn't pursue them I found the asking price to be around $33K for them with low miles. I did a carfax on one of the local ones and found it come back with electrical issues noted. At that point I said screw it. It was worth the extra money for me to know I was getting new car with no issues with full warranty. Plus, seems that the Nismo's hit a bit of a depreciation wall in the upper $20Ks. Thought process is that if I drive the car for about 4-5 years it will cost me roughly $3-4K in depreciation a year which isnt too bad considering a lease on "normal cars" ($300/month *12 = $3600/year)

Last edited by nismo2evox; 09-14-2015 at 08:17 PM.
nismo2evox is offline   Reply With Quote