View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 07:52 AM   #676 (permalink)
triso07
Base Member

Drives: xxxxxxx
triso07 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambar View Post
No I don't. I want it to cost $60K so that people start mentioning the Z and the GTR in the same sentence so that my Z's value will go up . Long shot though.

@Davey I agree with everything you said, yes that's what I meant too. That's why I keep saying the Mustang and the Z are not in competition at all. They deliver a completely different driving feel and if you are looking for one, you will hate the other. The car I was cross-shopping my Z with was a pre-owned M3. The tight steering, handling and the high-revving engine felt quite similar. The M was about twice the price though (and I wouldn't buy one without an extended warranty) so the Z won.

If Subie offered a BRZ STI (keeps getting 'rumored' but I doubt its ever showing up) or Mazda offered a Mazdaspeed Miata with a turbo (which used to exist) then those are cars I would cross-shop with a Z. For now, the closest thing (in feel) is a BMW M235i and that starts at $55K.
The mustang and Z are not in competition for you because you like pure sports cars and because you value certain subjective characteristics over others. I do too. That doesn't change the fact that there is a large market of Z buyers who buy it because it's a sexy looking coupe with good performance on a budget. Guess which other cars fit into that category. A large portion of Z sales were lost because America upped their game and Nissan decided to stay out of the fight.
triso07 is offline   Reply With Quote