View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 06:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
bartly
Base Member

Drives: Jeep
bartly is on a distinguished road
Default Thinking of buying but clutch slave cylinder

Hello, I guess this is my first post, pardon if it is being driven by a question. I joined the site about a year ago already eyeing the 370Z as my first real sports car. Well time is closing in and it is still #1 on my list because I have always like the looks of the Z family starting back at the 280.

It's been a bit of shock and awe reading all the CSC failure reports on the Zs manual transmission. It's been eating away at me that I really want a manual, just because I've always had them and like the feel of interacting with the car I suppose. Also was kind of brought up that manuals are simpler and hopefully more robust/trouble free and generally last longer. I know times have changed and I'd guess the manuals can get pretty complex now a'days.

I know the internet is a good place to find horror stories and maybe even things get blown out of perspective. I have a Jeep and follow those forums sometimes and see sometimes that it's the same posters with somewhat of an agenda that hyper accentuate certain subjects, but there are just so many reports of this CSC failure. I have to ask if there might be plenty of 370zs out there that do fine and never experience the failure. Hopefully someone can give me some advice if it is as bad as it appears to be. I love tinkering with my jeep and have already started planning how I'd go about getting a car I don't even own yet up on jackstands to pull the transmission, that's how bad I want the manual transmission. Sorry for the long winded post hope someone followed along and will comment.
Thanks hopefully.
bartly is offline   Reply With Quote