View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 09:52 AM   #5378 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b15 View Post
Could you elaborate more on your symptoms? I've got the typical pilot bearing noise at idle (goes away when you clutch in). It's noisy while driving at low speeds (flywheel chatter and some whining) but I can't tell if it's normal or not since our MTs sounds like they belong on a semi.
For me i know for a fact that my clutch needs to be changed out as my pilot bearing is going out as well, the thing that lead me to suspect the transmission was on its way out was that what ever gear i would have it in it would constantly whine and the whine would increase in volume the higher up in the rpm's you would go and from what I've read online and from talking to some people on this forum it all pointed to it being a case of a wrecked transmission. Sure enough i actually got a call from the dealership yesterday after my warranty company had checked it out and they went ahead and authorized for the transmission to be replaced.