View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 06:51 PM   #652 (permalink)
GZ3
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z
GZ3 is just really niceGZ3 is just really niceGZ3 is just really niceGZ3 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey View Post
I have owned both, too.

Look, you said it yourself, cars like the FRS/BRZ are all feel and no power, the Mustang is all power and no feel (especially the S197, the S550 is quite a bit better)- but don't ******** me, even withe PP, it's nowhere near on par with the driving feel of the Z.

The Z, as you said, is a balance of power and finesse. It's not a tiny lightweight car, but it's not a big fat 2 ton boat, either. It may not do 110+ in the quarter mile, but since when is low to mid 13's "slow"?

So, like I said, don't ******** me about Mustangs. A 16:1 rack and a solid rear axle belong under a truck. If you want a car that drives like the Z but has the power of a Mustang, that's great - SO DO I.

I just don't expect to get it for $35,000. Which is - ta da - the price of a base 2015 Mustang GT with the Performance Package, which still doesn't drive nearly as nice as the Z does. But it is faster.
Ford made the SRA work on the 11-14 mustangs. Theres no ******** about it! Feel is subject especially if its getting out performed at the track not 1/4 mile... The boss 302 is SRA and it humiliates the Z, ANYWHERE so the sra thing is out for 11-14. No one cares for previous GT's. Coyote only. The S550 straight is better track car than the Z for the same new price. Thats embarrising for nissan! I know its been a hard pill swallow but the 11-14 coyotes, 1le's, scat pack cars are all getting it done. Z owners are bullshitting themselves if they think otherwise. SRA OR not.
GZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote