View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 06:38 PM   #649 (permalink)
Davey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '15 NISMO 6MT
Davey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZ3 View Post
Ive owned both, and the mustang is completely on par in handling. Especially the track pack, is it a different feel, yes, becuase its a different car... But if feels is all your after then a brz/frs/miata/s2k all feel better than the Z. Since we arent talking about "stop light racing". All those cars handle and feel equal and better than the Z. Hell even an rx8 is a track star.... Track times vs drag times confirm all this. The Z is supoosed to be a balance of power and finesse and its getting left behind in both segments for equal to or less money. If feel is all your after, nissan with its despicable turbo 4 miata competitor suggestion is heading in the right direction for you

For the rest of us, we want more power, less weight, and a turbo 6.
I have owned both, too.

Look, you said it yourself, cars like the FRS/BRZ are all feel and no power, the Mustang is all power and no feel (especially the S197, the S550 is quite a bit better)- but don't ******** me, even withe PP, it's nowhere near on par with the driving feel of the Z.

The Z, as you said, is a balance of power and finesse. It's not a tiny lightweight car, but it's not a big fat 2 ton boat, either. It may not do 110+ in the quarter mile, but since when is low to mid 13's "slow"?

So, like I said, don't ******** me about Mustangs. A 16:1 rack and a solid rear axle belong under a truck. If you want a car that drives like the Z but has the power of a Mustang, that's great - SO DO I.

I just don't expect to get it for $35,000. Which is - ta da - the price of a base 2015 Mustang GT with the Performance Package, which still doesn't drive nearly as nice as the Z does. But it is faster.

Last edited by Davey; 09-11-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Davey is offline   Reply With Quote