View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 02:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
G Fo12ce
Premium Member

Drives: Sold!
G Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond repute
Default Old 350EVO Camber Adjustable Front Control A-Arm

I was thinking about what suspension components I would like to run later. I had these camber adjustable front arms on my G35C a few years back. They were designed by 350EVO who sponsored the Grand-Am Z back in '03. They were relatively light, really well made, had good adjustment range and never had any issues holding settings on track days. It appears that 350EVO is now gone.

I wonder if a new vendor could replicate this design for the 370Z. I was doing some old reading and it appears the the same problems/arms (SPL, SPC ECT) available back in '03 had the same clunking problems I read some of you guys who track experienced back then too. I never had an issue with these and I don't think anyone with the FM platform did either. Here are a few pics and some text I copied from an old post on a G35 forum:

My old arms before I sold them:

Forum Pic:

Info Text:
Quote:
This G35 camber adjustable front control a-arm kit allows for complete camber adjustment of the G35 front suspension. The sliding camber plate design makes camber adjustments quick and easy using just a 13mm wrench. No suspension disassembly is required to change or fine tune your G35's camber. These G35 suspension arms are made from CNC machined aircraft aluminum using a sliding camber plate with mono-ball design. The G35 control arms even come powder coated against corrosion. This G35 suspension kit is complete with the mono-ball that fits in the OEM G35 upright and the spherical bearings that mount to the chassis. Using the mono ball and spherical bearings make the suspension move freely which results in crisper steering. This is the G35 suspension of choice in G35 racing applications and we recommended them for any lowered G35. The sliding camber plate design is so strong that the 350Z race cars in Grand-Am Cup have bent rims without loosing their camber setting!

*These 350EVO control arms offer the widest Camber adjustment range out of "ALL" available control arms, appox +1/-3 degrees. This Adjustment range will depend on your cars ride height.
Taken from this old post:
G35 Driver

What do you guys think?
G Fo12ce is offline   Reply With Quote