View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 07:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
EzDz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2016 370z Nismo Tech
EzDz has a spectacular aura aboutEzDz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo2evox View Post
How does the STI compare to the Nismo and what made you make the switch?

I came back to a Nismo from an Evo X and noticed the handling, and fit and finish is so much better in the Z in stock form. Frankly, even with the turbo I found the Evo X wasn't all that great before any tuning. I also like that I can toss the car around with much more confidence that with the Evo. I know this is not a popular opinion but to quote Fifth Gear, I agree that the Evo felt like a poorly set up a front wheel drive car, that had to be over throttled to induce natural handling.

I also felt like I couldn't see anything over the massive hood of the Evo with the low seating position. However, I love the look and think the finish is gotten much better in the 2015+ WRX and STI.

Love to hear your thoughts!
I finally got a chance to really dive into corners 2 nights ago and killed the highway today. The car is more composed than my sti, it revs smoother, and the longer gears are a must. My sti would get into 6th at 120, the z is into 4th at 100. My sti was full stage 2 and tuned and I really think the stock nismo would give it a run at about 70+. I loved my sti but I cought myself trying to change everything about it, the z comes out of the box a better car guys car 110%. I drove my buddys new evo x and I didnt feel connected at all, I felt like it was a mix of sports car and an attempt stock comfort. I feel like the sti was like the evo in handling, I had to really kill a corner with the accelerator to feel comfortable, the z just lets you toss it around at any random speed. I catch myself wondering why 90 is so smooth and composed. The sti might win in an auto z event but I really cant say, I love the z for what it is.
EzDz is offline   Reply With Quote