View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 11:07 AM   #597 (permalink)
triso07
Base Member

Drives: xxxxxxx
triso07 is on a distinguished road

No you're right Ricer we should just accept our new crossover overlords ... because business case.

Not really sure how I'm "all over the place". I just don't think you like that I disagree with you.

As for Camaro and Mustang, I don't believe anywhere in my post I referred to them losing weight and gaining power. I was referring to the multiple levels of trim offered by Ford and Chevy for their muscle cars. You're kind of shooting yourself in the foot with this one though since the new Camaro is losing weight and adding power lol. By the way Ford and Chevy are listening to their target audience and building cars those people want to buy, which is why they are selling so successfully. Can you say the same for Nissan and the Z?

As for the motor. They won't make one specifically for this car is the appropriate wording. A turbo 6 pulled from the Q50 would be fine, even if it's heavier. However that turbo 6 will need to make some solid power. They can't throw it in with 350hp especially if there's a weight gain. If Nissan can't lose some weight on the Z then it needs to make up for that in power levels. Something has to give on one end or the other to pull some more performance out of the car.

Nissan needs to decide what the Z is.

Is it a budget Cayman sports car? If so slightly lighter weight, a little more power, and some modernizing will do it.

Is it a budget sporty performance coupe that competes with Americas big 3? If it is, then weight can stay right were it is, throw a turbo motor in, and bump power enough so that performance is on par with the muscle cars.

I certainly don't view it as a BRZ/Genesis/Miata competitor, but if they do then god help us.
triso07 is offline   Reply With Quote