Thread: sports package?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 07:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
mishuko
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 Z
mishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_ealot View Post
I dont know where mishuko is getting his info from, but the manufacturer of the brake calipers has never changed, they have always been akebonos when it comes to the 370.....the only Z to ever have brembos was the 350
might have mistaken that for the 350 as your mentioned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
the safest way to find out if a Z has the sports package is to run the VIN. all other cosmetics can be added on.

but generally speaking, you will find the following on a Z w/ the sports package:

1. rear wing
2. red or grey brake calipers
3. 19 inch wheels
4. if 6 MT transmission, then look for "S" button on the top right.

If 7 AT and newer models (i believe '15+ - correct me if i'm wrong):
1. it will have paddle shifters (i read somewhere the new base models 7 AT don't come with paddle shifters).
2. the side Z emblem marker will not light up when you use turn signals on base models.
it's only the current year that did this. i think it's part of the drop the price drop some gadgets
mishuko is offline   Reply With Quote