View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 11:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
zephyrzone
Base Member

Drives: 12 Nissan 370Z MB A7
zephyrzone is on a distinguished road
Default Loose screw noise in FLOORBOARD?!

Hello fellow roadster drivers,

I'm new here. Just bought a 2012 Sport Touring/Nav 7AT a few weeks ago. Prior to that I had a 2005 Audi TT and before that I had a 2007 RX8. This is my first auto and I'm already in love with the car. Hopefully that lasts a while.

BUT...

I have a few noises which are driving me insane. I was able to diagnose one which is coming from the top (a tapping sound). The other one has me worried.

It sounds like there is a screw or other small object rolling around in the floor. I thought the sound was just something rolling around in the door's map packet, but it's not. Definitely coming from the floor.

The only thing I can figure is that something came loose or was dropped down in the convertible cubby (I don't know what the formal name is for the top's storage area). When I accelerate or stop it rolls back and forth and it's very, very loud and is killing the enjoyment of the car. It doesn't happen all the time. I think it must get hung up on something sometimes and stay put for a while.

IT'S AWFUL.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know of a way I could ever find this thing? I've looked in the compartment under the liner but don't see anything and have no idea how I'd ever begin trying to find this. I'm not even 100% positive that's where the noise is coming from, but I can't think of anything else.

I would love any suggestions. Right now this is only one of two rattles and I know how to fix the other one. But THIS is KILLING ME. It is terrible.
zephyrzone is offline   Reply With Quote