View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 08:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
You can replace with a KYB shock for about $60 just to get by. I believe the part number is 349192. Replacement is pretty straight forward and can be done completely outside the car. Monroe and Gabriel may also have one to fit for even cheaper. Replace it, don't drive on a blown shock or you are likely to damage other parts of the suspension. If you intend to to "get by" for awhile, it would be best to replace both rear shocks at the same time.

$56 at Rock Auto
Found a member with a pair that was barely used. I checked the fronts, and it looks good. Priority is to replace the rear shocks and get through the winter before getting new tires next.

After 65k miles maintenance items start adding up. My car has been down for several months as I replaced the valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, cleaned the intake system, installed oil catch cans, oil cooler fan, etc. I had to replace the upper intake manifold, too. FML. Thank goodness it's running now, but it definitely needs a new tune. Phew.

Last edited by DIGItonium; 09-09-2015 at 08:48 PM.
DIGItonium is offline   Reply With Quote