View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 02:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
370bluez
Base Member

Drives: 12 370z
370bluez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishuko View Post
i agree with that statement about 2-3 full layers being insane but i did double up on the wheel well since there was no insulation as you have pointed out.

one of the things to remember is this is a pure-bred sports car. it's not a luxury sports coupe or anything close to a 'luxury' branded car so you won't be getting the same conveniences that come with the luxury badge.

i tried just the wheel wells and the spare wheel section, went back and did the entire trunk and noticed an improvement. also going from the stock tires to re-11's made a big improvement in road noise.

the road noise is fine minus hearining the pebble pings and long drives (more than a few hours). I did a few 4 hour drives before and after the install and it definitely helped relieve the road noise stress.
Some truth to this but I have the same options as a Infiniti g37. Nav, leather, Bose with sub, heated seats etc. Saving 10-15 lbs in a non light 3350lb coupe seems asinine considering how much it can ruin the experience. Even with my 4-5lb hackjob the car is far more enjoyable on longer freeway runs.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
370bluez is offline   Reply With Quote