View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 09:15 AM   #25 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Electronic Boost Control Thread

That all depends on what your goals are for the build. Keep in mind that the controller is only capable of increasing boost by a factor of two. So in theory with your 10lb spring you could run 20lbs of boost. Going with a lower spring will effect that upper limit. The tolerances in the WG springs are rather larger 1-2lbs if I recall properly. If it were my car I would run a slightly lower spring 7-8lbs if all you want to achieve is 10lbs. This could require resetting the boost controller. Mine is set by a percentage over wastegate so lowering it would require reprogramming the controller.

Its likely that all your controller is doing is keeping steady boost levels and not actually adding any boost above gate. Just remember that if you want to run more boost in the future you will be limited by the gate spring.

Of course you could go by the old saying, 'if it ain't broke...'

If the car is running as you want, leave it alone

jwick is offline   Reply With Quote