View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 06:10 AM   #92 (permalink)
b15
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 4drz
b15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicerX View Post
Congrats dude! You're due a month after we are!

If my Z was paid off, I would have taken that route I believe. I wrestled with it though, because even if it was paid off, the car would've sat for the better part of the next couple of years. I almost leased an Altima and kept the Z, but I just couldn't justify the added expense to keep my more expensive toy in the garage at this point in life. I have a house purchase coming in the next year or two as well, so I was trying to think bigger picture with this whole thing. It was brutal for me, and I'm glad it is done and I don't have to think about it anymore. haha

The other part was that, even when the kiddo isn't in a car seat, I can't fit my whole family in the car for fun cruises, which means maybe a used GT-R or one of the new Q60 coupes will be what comes after the Q50. Momma's car is a Rogue, so we have plenty of "family car" around for the big trips and such, but our "date/fun" car for me really just needs to be a 2+2 coupe at minimum for what we like to do.
Thanks! It's an exciting and scary time.

I'm still up in the air about the Z. I'd like to get out of our townhouse into a single family within the next two years as well so I keep going back and forth on selling the Z before it depreciates too much. I don't need to sell it at all, it's just my financially responsible side telling me to do so. Then I go for a drive and come back and say screw it, I need a toy in my life. Then it sits all week in the garage while I travel for work and the cycle starts over again about selling. It's vicious haha.
b15 is offline   Reply With Quote