View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 03:31 AM   #24 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpower86

I'm wondering how competitive 370z's will be in BS. The C5 Corvettes seem to have the upper hand. Vette has 13 more HP, 80 ft-lb more TQ, weights about 200lb less (racing weight w/o driver), has better weight distribution, and probably lower center of gravity.

What do you guys think?
In tight courses, S2000 will go ahead of the Z. In wider/open courses, vette will finish ahead where they can go much higher (Mph) in 2nd gear. Also, lets not forget vette comes with nice mechanical diff and Z only comes with viscous which becomes an open diff after few back to back runs (or after few hundred autox runs). Sorry it sucks to say it like this, but the day SCCA bumped Z to Bstreet, Z dominating days are over. I do ok with my Z around here regionally but nationally, I doubt Z will be competitive in Bstreet. But word on the street is that c5 vette will be bumped to Astreet after national . I'm also hearing TRD (shock/springs/sways) frs might be bumped to Bstreet bc of brz owners complaining in CS.. should be interesting

However, I want to wish all Z drivers good luck at the nationals. I couldn't make it this year(suppose to do drive in SSR) but I'm most certainly planning to next year. Guys, go out there, drive your best and make us proud.

I think Jeff came 3rd in STU behind N. barbato in pro solo final. Go get it Jeff at the final! I think you have what it takes to be champion. Jason R. has to fight a tough battle in STR with those S2k CRs but good luck to you as well.
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote