View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 12:11 AM   #23 (permalink)
BOLIO 671
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: To & From then Back
BOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
I do know that aftermarket HFC do not work well with any system as they will break down faster & it will clog the pipe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Honestly cannot say, I destroyed a stock cat at 8PSI after about 30k miles.
The added heated will destroy them faster but at what rate will depend on how much you drive, how hard you drive, etc.
I too have been very curious about this same issue. ...Like TopGunZ all my reads on this topic have been conflicting.... also read in Swiss370Z's thread that his stock cats gave out....the pic was crazy. ....so even at 8PSI the stock cats broke down for you (Dreamer)? So is it definitely better to go stock cats vs HFC'S with a S/C? I have read of people runni g HFC'S that are ok while some with stocks blowing out...Has anyone experienced actually blowing out an HFC with the S/C?
2013 Nismo Z34 / FI TT #091 / IG: @lilzilla_z34
BOLIO 671 is offline   Reply With Quote