View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 11:30 PM   #825 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

The instructions are the same except the DW uses different wire colors than the original relay kit that used to come with (painless wiring product).

If you follow the DW instructions that came inside the relay kit box, that will address the correct wire colors for their product.

The black wire is the 12v switch to relay. This wire is what will trigger the RRP to turn on. I would splice it into the factory fuel pump power wire on the passenger side, but its open to other activation sources if you wish..

The yellow wire is the 12v power to pump. This is the wire that will go to the RRP connector pin that corresponds to your positive (+) internal connector pin.

For the negative fuel pump wire for the RRP fuel pump, this needs a ground source. You can ground it to the chassis or any ground point, such as the relay ground point.

The white wire for the relay kit is a ground, and can be grounded to the chassis or any ground point. I would just ground it to the same bolt that you attach the relay mount with, and I would ground the RRP fuel pump to the same place to keep things simple.