View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 08:23 AM   #4916 (permalink)
twentyinrims
Base Member

Drives: ram1500
twentyinrims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyperbole View Post
It's fortuitous that I happened to read this now. I had the same issue, except the passenger side exhaust tip protruded a bit more on mine. The solution is to use two or even three gaskets where the muffler section connects to the resonator section. I believe using more than three gaskets is not recommended. This will push the shorter side out to match the length of the other side.

I must also add that I used the Fast Intentions 2.5-inch, 3-bolt metal gaskets (Fast Intentions). I am hopeful you have access to those, as I'm not sure if it is proper to use two or three gaskets of some other type or to mix types of gaskets. Perhaps someone else can add some insight.
I am going to reach out to FI for some of the 3-bolt metal gaskets. I think that may work. As for not being totally centered I pulled hard on one side and pushed on the other side to try and get it to line up close to each other and its not too bad. Trying to get it perfect because after this long wait it should be. Thanks for the input, don't look like to many people are DIY out there.
twentyinrims is offline   Reply With Quote