View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 06:46 PM   #24 (permalink)
Kazzan11236
Track Member

Drives: 2014 370Z TourngSprt
Kazzan11236 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
just got done installing my 6000K bulbs from diode dynamics and i kept them on for a while and no flickering or random shutting off.

one thing i would like to point out that hasn't been mentioned (or if it has, i totally missed it), after pulling back the inner wheel well, you have to take off the white spinning cover prior to even getting to the bulb assembly.

regarding color, i was hoping it would have a blue tint. it's just white, so i'll be ordering 8000K for the bluish look.

i think i saw some people mentioning breaking of the plastic clips. at first, i thought it was something related to the light assembly, but if they were talking about the push clips that hold the wheel well in place, those can be purchased at Nissan for 30 cents each (just be sure to specify the shorter push clips).
No grease needed, however yes the white cover comes off, and u should be able to twist the connector THEN remove the bulb, do not try to remove the bulb with the connector.

Also do not get 8000k, it is wayyy too blue plus u will be lowering ur lumens output dramatically, asthetics is not worth getting into an accident late one night on roads that have no street light.

Even with 6000k u lose alot of lumens (light output) then with 4300k. Also let thr bulbs burn a week or two to actually set in... It may look all white, but wait until there are no street lights, or u are next to halogens... U will see the tint of blue

Listen if u want... But safety is first... Just my 2 cents
Amuse Kit (arrived, in garage waiting for paint =\ ) || Stillen CAI || Stillen HFC || Stillen CBE || ijdmtoy LED package || ijdmtoy LED 4th Brake Light || Halos (BKNGO #ZDADDY) || Philips Crystal Vision Ultra 5K HIDs || JVC KW-V50BT || Rockford T1s (3200watts max)
Kazzan11236 is offline   Reply With Quote