View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 11:11 AM   #32 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadChachi View Post
Copy. TYhanks again guys. Let me do some reading and All advice is taken to account. Thanks again Chuck33079 and SouthArk370Z. I appreciate all this. I'll do some more research and tone it down with the forged ****. I'll see what supporting mods I'll need to be safe. Blueprinting and balancing will something I'll look into as well. So right now these are the mods I purchase

ACT Clutch pressure plate.
CF drive shaft (1 piece)
HD Slave
New Master
4.08 gearing pin
Quaife 1.5 LSD
Short shifter
RJM clutch pedal

To build up to FI in the future anything I should purchase or does the kit usually come with all that i'll need (other than what SouthArk370z said about balancing and blueprinting?)
You bought a new driveshaft? The OEM one is carbon composite already.

SouthArk is right about the balancing and blueprinting, but you do that when you are building a motor. Only worry about that then. And no, the kits do not include the thousands of dollars of supporting mods. budget half the cost of the kit for additional mods. Radiator, boost controller, gauges, and a million other little things that add up fast. Don't buy a clutch that can support FI torque levels unless you're 1000% sure you're going to do it. The clutch you need for boost will be unpleasant to drive everyday. It would be a shame to put that one in, not boost the car, and be stuck with a PITA of a clutch.