Thread: YzGyz's turn!
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 01:36 PM   #205 (permalink)
YzGyz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Nismo
YzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond repute

I was playing D3 making a Zon late last night. I just woke up and fiddle with the project for a bit. This 2nd round came out nice. The bottom layer of foil was pulled off and the whole thing placed back into the car to dry out the bottom.

Flashback to last night; the top layer way dry so I went and glassed it 1 layer while in car. A single layer of resin was brushed on the piece and allowed to dry. Once dry or close to it (I got antsy and fiddle with it when it was bearly tacky. It worked out great as the tackyness held the fiberglass mat in place).

I also took the time to prep the 2 gauges for resin and glassing. I wrapped both EBC and AFR in food film wrap and then added a few layers of paper to build clearance. I then Foil wrapped everything and put a final layer of card stock I had around.

Here she is with the top dried.

This is a pic of the piece after a fresh layer of glass.

One dried layer of resin on the AFR and EBC

Also dried.

Foil taken off. It looks good. It is a lot cleaner and thinner than the first one. 2 layers of paper mache.

This is the underside with the foil peeled off. It's still a little damp so I set in back in place and will let it dry some more.

Final picture for now comparing the first piece against the 2nd.

I will fiddle with her later. I will probably only be glassing the bottom and the 2 gauges. I have a Quiz to take and plan to hit the local 1/8 mi track just for kicks again tonight so I need to get moving on that quiz.

YzGyz
YzGyz is offline   Reply With Quote