View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 10:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Zsteve View Post
Guess what! If you had changed the coolant, chances are high that you would not have had to change the water pump.
1st water pump was on a 78 T-Bird, original water pump, more than 200K miles on it done in 1997. It was pissing out coolant through the weep-hole one day.

2nd water pump was changed since the mechanic had to remove it to change the timing belt, which was preventative maintenance on a 120K 97 ranger, this past winter. One of those, since you're doing this, you mind putting on a new one? I did the same with the thermostat and hoses. Did it need it - no...

OK, I just remembered that i had the coolant flushed in my 97 ranger when I bought it, 50K miles, in 2001.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote