Thread: Parts List
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 12:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
PeteZ
Base Member

Drives: 13 Nismo #864
PeteZ is on a distinguished road

Go with the 34 row FI oil cooler. Since you have a '14 Nismo, the FI cooler comes with the kit to bypass the lame factory installed, engine coolant "oil cooler" that comes off the radiator to the oil filter mounting surface. Stillen does not offer such. The FI kit allows you to bypass that contraption and will ensure you have room for the oil filter. Look for the little "12+" Box on the FI website pix of their cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spstone View Post
Well I'm currently on a government paid 6 month vacation, which leaves me lots of time to look around and plan for my Z when I get home. When I get home it should have less then 2K miles on it. I doubt my wife will drive it that much while I'm away.

So far I'm thinking of the following

Stillen CAI Gen 3
FI exhaust
Hi Flow Cats or FI LTH
Motordyne intake
Oil Cooler- Still torn on Stillen 24 row or FI 34 row
Oil Pan spacer
A tune
Tommy Kaira Shift knob-just because I feel it's like holman/moody parts when I used to build hot rods. The car isn't complete with out some thing from that shop.

My questions are, is money better spent on cats, or LTH if I can get away with them in my state, still have to check the laws?

If I get the motordyne intake is it worth still having the Z1 performance mod performed?

Which oil cooler is a better option the Stillen or the FI? Car will probably never be raced just want the added protection for piece of mind.

Last one is has any one had success selling their NISMO exhaust and whats a reasonable price to expect?

Thanks for all your input in advance. I've dreamed of owning this car pretty much my whole life. Just want to have a game plan to start making it mine over the next couple years. I've built plenty of hot rods and muscle cars, restored several 240Z's, and 280Z's, but this will be my first tuner car and I'm pretty lost. Been reading through the threads and have learned a lot but thought putting my parts list together and getting help on the total package would be more helpful.
2013 Nismo Z #864, Stillen G3, Fast Intentions-Setrab 34-Row Oil Cooler, Fast Intentions CB Exhaust, Gnosis GS2 Wheels, MTEC Trans Springs I more ...
PeteZ is offline   Reply With Quote