View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 12:02 PM   #543 (permalink)
triso07
Base Member

Drives: xxxxxxx
triso07 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer1234 View Post
From a roll its a threat. From Nissan's point of view, the customers would rather pay 40-50k for a 450 HP Z than almost 200k for a 800 HP car. Why would anyone pay 200k when they can have just as much fun in a 40-50k car.

Fact of the matter is Nissan wont make something that will take sales away from the GTR. The vice president already said, if you want power go GTR.

Sorry but that makes no sense. The GTR is a huge, heavy, AWD, dual-clutch supercar. Bumping the Z to 400-425hp even via turbos does not encroach on a GTR in any way. The car is a smaller, lightweight (relatively), 2-seat sports car.

No doubt the successful return of muscle cars (go America) has scared Nissan and most definitely cost the Z potential buyers. If you're looking for a cool sporty car that has good performance on a budget, American Muscle is very appealing.

I still maintain though that Nissan really doesn't need to do much with this car to make it a hit. It's long in the tooth and needs a good solid redesign that focuses on strong simple lines (NOT the way Nissans design has been going unfortunately). They need to bump the power to anywhere from 375-425 and get the weight down to 3100lbs. Use a little better materials on the inside. Maybe offer the standard car as an NA V6 that gets about 375hp and offer a NISMO variant that's turbo'ed and gets about 420hp with some suspension and aero tweaks.

I guarantee you if Nissan does what I say they will have a large buyer base.
triso07 is offline   Reply With Quote