View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 03:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
NoHyperbole
Base Member

Drives: N/A
NoHyperbole will become famous soon enough
Default Another 2014 370Z Tuned with EcuTek by Sebastian at Specialty-Z

Just like Akurei, I also got an EcuTek tune from Sebastian at Specialty-Z. He tuned my car via data logging.

So here comes another effusive and enthusiastic review.

I must say that Seb is awesome. He is extremely knowledgeable, responds promptly to emails, and is passionate about what he does. I wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone who is interested in getting their car tuned.

I downloaded the EcuTek software to my computer on a Friday afternoon, and Seb sent me my first tune file on Sunday, which was a nice surprise. I proceeded to send him data logs, and he sent me an updated tune file within 48 hours. We went back and forth three times until he got the tune just right. Then he sent me three more tune files, each one having progressively more aggressive throttle mapping than the last. Finally, we decided on which maps I wanted to have launch control and traction control enabled.

The entire tuning experience was conducted almost exclusively via email (one phone call), and there was no miscommunication or delay whatsoever. I asked a lot of questions, and Seb was very patient with me, and he always provided me with the info I was seeking.

Seb is a great guy, and the whole team at Specialty-Z is top notch. I am extremely happy with my tune and the service I received.

Last edited by NoHyperbole; 09-01-2015 at 03:23 PM.
NoHyperbole is offline   Reply With Quote