View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 09:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
Zipper 104
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '13 PW/Frost/Spt/AT
Zipper 104 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whtciv2k View Post
Research it before you say it's bs.
I'm curious how you arrived upon a conclusion that I hadn't done any research? A couple of pictures in a link where someone showed their stress fractures and decided it had to be film is not research.

Well, I did some research, and from what I read there seemed to be about an equal number of those with film and the fractures, those without film that had fractures anyway, those with film and zero fractures and a number with fractures that had had tints/and or film done and had decided it just HAD to be the film's fault.
Nowhere did I read anything that arrived at a definitive answer as to what caused them.....only one hell of a lot of speculation.
This begs the question, why are there so many with fractures that have never had ANY film/tints applied? How exactly did film become the culprit?"

Sorry, I don't have the answers either. All one can do is decide for themselves whether or not to apply film to their headlamps and take their chances. If you don't want to, don't. If you decide there's an advantage to it and willing to run the risk if the film just might prove to be a problem down the road, then do it. It's your money, your car, you take your chances.
FWIW....I'm not running out the door and pulling my Xpel anytime soon so put me in the 'Living on the Edge' category.

Zipper 104 is offline   Reply With Quote