View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 07:56 PM   #4124 (permalink)
VABAM
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with VDC off.
VABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfcoastgrl View Post
Was going to powder coat my stock wheels black but a few friends have convinced me to do plastidip with a glossifier so that the wheels have the potential to be sold later. Thoughts? Lol
Plastidip is good option if you don't want to make a permanent change. Like anything it really depends on how well the plastidip is applied. The only down side I can think of is it might not hold up well to heat. Read a few reviews saying that plastidip can come off when the rim gets hot like at a track day. For street use plastidip should hold up just fine.

Power coated rims could be sold or traded if needed to go back to stock. Also there are people selling powder coated rims too. You could get a set and keep your original wheels for the winter or for just in case.

Or you can wait, save up, and get some nice after market rims later.

Really comes down to how much you are willing to spend.