View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 06:02 PM   #8714 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpkirk View Post
Ima west coasty ... Washington State originally. Moved to the Washington DC metro area and kept trying to wear jeans. Nobody takes you seriously. I did a test. Went to a grocery store wearing jeans and a nice tshirt and tried to get some service from a manager type. Had to stand around for 15-20 minutes before somebody came around to help. The following day in my Men's Warehouse garb (yer gonna like the way you look) went back and people were falling all over themselves to help out. It was night and day and yes sir no sir. I was stunned. I tell this story to all my west coasty friends and they can't believe it. Is this a valid test? Maybe, maybe not. More often than not though, when I am in a suit, people are much nicer to me.
now imagine wearing a f-king asian suit 24/7. u get no where even with a 3pc suit on...at least until one callz out 'excuse me, would you please help me?' in native English.

then they will be like 'oh okay.. so he CAN speak'