View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 11:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
ryennn
Base Member

Drives: 2016 370Z White M6
ryennn is on a distinguished road
Default New 370Z Owner :)

Hello all,

I've been lurking around these forums for about 2 months now. Finally purchased my 2016 MT 370Z 2 weeks ago, and got approved on this site .

Still a new manual driver(drove a buddy's accord coupe for a few weeks before getting the Z) and although I'm getting better at driving this beast, I'm still struggling to drive it smoothly.

I did some research and installed the clutch spring 2 days ago (to be honest, I didn't get the WOW factor everyone was saying, maybe because I never REALLY got use to the OEM spring to feel the difference...is it possible to have installed it wrong? lol, I took it to a mechanic though...).

So I've been reading up on how to properly drive this thing and I have a question for you all.

2 days after I got this car, I decided to try planting the heel of my clutch foot on the floor, and just pressing the clutch half way in when changing gears. This helped me A LOT for N to 1st gear(I don't take a good 30 seconds at a stop sign anymore), as well as 1st to 2nd gear. I felt I had more control this way, and a lot faster getting to the engagement point.
Is doing this bad for the car/clutch? I'm beginning to notice that going from 1st gear to 2nd gear, I SOMETIMES have to push the stick harder for it to get into 2nd gear..it doesn't feel 'smooth'

However, I've been driving with my entire foot today and find that the 1st and 2nd gear is still kinda hard and notchy to get into even with the clutch fully depressed...(When the car is off, every gear is SO smooth lol)

Thanks for your time all, I know it's kinda a long first post xD

Last edited by ryennn; 08-30-2015 at 11:10 PM.
ryennn is offline   Reply With Quote