View Single Post
Old 08-29-2015, 01:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
sambar
Base Member

Drives: 370Z-2012-6MT
sambar will become famous soon enough

First mods:

Now I am not a mod sorta guy, I like to keep my cars fairly stock. But I had to get a few things done.

- Window un-tint: I know many will disagree, but I like clear windows. Can't see anything at night. With visibility already being low, I don't like my windows all blacked out. So un-tinted the windows.

- Tech. I was already missing nav, bluetooth and backup camera. Every time I backup I was scared I might hit something/someone small. Decided to get a backup camera done asap!

So got a Pioneer 8100NEX system and a backup camera installed (don't ask me how much it cost - ouch!). It comes with Bluetooth, nav, camera, Apple Carplay, Android Auto, HD radio. I haven't upgraded the speakers yet but got this top-of-the-line Pioneer head unit. I will post a dedicated thread with more pics and more details about the system, but here are a couple of quick pics before and after the HU upgrade.

Stock head unit (doesn't even play MP3s, doesn't even have USB for a car made in 2012!!):
centre_console_stock_1.jpg

The new unit:
2015-08-27 09.54.29.jpg

... and now I have the equivalent of the tech package too! Actually, I'm kinda glad this car doesn't have tech package because I like the center storage box and I like having a capacitive touchscreen instead of the knob controls. And I still get to keep the storage box! I can even spend a bit more on speakers if I want, I haven't decided that, and I'd still be better off $-wise than if the car had tech package.

Last edited by sambar; 08-29-2015 at 01:22 AM.
sambar is offline   Reply With Quote