Thread: Coolant Leak
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 11:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
lhinojos
Track Member

Drives: 12 370z GM M6
lhinojos has a spectacular aura aboutlhinojos has a spectacular aura about
Default Coolant Leak

So I was coming back from a lunch break when I left my car and I smelled coolant. And I also heard a Noise that sounded like pressure was being released. I took a quick look under the car and I see coolant dripping. Now I hit some roadkill a few months back that did some damage to the under tray but everything else looked ok so I assumed it was ok. I think maybe there was a tiny tear and over time it got bigger to the point of leaking.

So I attached pictures so you could see where Im assuming the leak is coming from I just want confirmation. Also the drain looks like it has dry coolant on it, wondering if thats normal. I found a Youtube tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mayYHv5vOkg ) on how to change the coolant for a g37, is it ok to follow for my coolant flush after I change that hose out?

Another thing is that I have a 2012 and the hose that is torn is coming from what I think is the oil cooler. So that means that the "oem oil cooler" is just a sandwhich plate that runs coolant through it?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4234.jpg (598.2 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4238.jpg (495.6 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4241.jpg (380.4 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4243.jpg (459.1 KB, 100 views)
lhinojos is offline   Reply With Quote