Thread: Denver Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 04:47 PM   #661 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to the evening session open track day at High plains raceway this Thursday (3 September)

I've had zero luck on this forum getting guys to come with, but I'll put it out there again.

It will be:
me in the Z
Bill in his 1970 Ferrari Daytona (very fun car to track)
Jerry in his 65 comp corvette (completely race car converted and SWEEEEET)

I think the drivers meeting starts at 1530 (3:30)

100 bucks and a helmet is all you need (well a car helps too)

Stock setup is fine and bill who is a pretty good driver and I would be happy to show you the ropes. Ive never seen anybody hurt a stock car out there (drive to your comfort...its NOT A RACE)

you will likely:
1.use up a bit of outside tread on your left front tire.
2.burn up a little bit of your brake pads.
3.have a BLAST!

After the track day I go back up to conifer and swap out my pads (for streets) in the garage. Pick up some pads and I'd be happy to pop yours in (or show you how) too. A lot of guys are pretty happy with OEM pads so if thats all you can find bring them allong and well put them in at the end of the day. Also its a good idea to bleed your brakes before hand (take out the DOT3 for sure and put in DOT 4.) you need two people but if your already jacked up doing your pads its a 5 minute job.

...Or just come out and ride with Bill, Jerry and Me in the passenger seat. you will still have a blast and if you've never tracked you'll learn ton! (just bring a Helmet If you've got it so you don't have to rent one)
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix
SurfDog is offline   Reply With Quote