View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 04:32 PM   #76 (permalink)
enguyen88
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z Silver 6mt
enguyen88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by km1346 View Post
Hey guys.. Sorry for not updating but it's been a stressful two days.

I got the car back yesterday and it was looking pretty good. Paint was spot on and he replaced my three piece clear bra with a one piece 3m bra, which was awesome.. I didn't sign any liability release forms but I did take it home. Once I got home I did a very thorough examination and found a few issues here they were

1) fender line and A pillar line on the driver side did not align properly

2) side skirt (drivers side) was loose

3) one headlight was a different color than my other one, which was 6k while the new one had OEM (I had aftermarket HID bulbs)

4) window did not align with the seal properly when door closed, causing wind to be heard as you drove

5) unknown rattling (I'll get into this later)

6) AC was acting funny, I usually left it at 75 and it was cold, now, two notches above 60 and it's extremely hot air.

7) wobbly shifter at high rpms in first and second gear..

So immediately next morning (today) I took the car back, picked up my rental that was there.

Guy from the shop calls me and says they fixed everything aesthetically but he heard rattling as well and will check it out.

Later he calls and says two of my motor mounts are busted (my car has 35k miles) which caused the rattling and the wobbly shifter and need to be replaced and he does not know if State Farm will cover it because it's a normal wear and tear.

He said it cost about a grand to replace wit new OEM mounts... I told him I will not pay for this bc my car did not have this damage before the accident and also my car is not under power train warranty.

He said he thinks state farms will not pay for this.. But they have an adjuster coming out and looking at it tomorrow..

How do I go about this if state-farm refuses my claim? I'm so irritated right now....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is exactly why I suggested getting a lawyer.
enguyen88 is offline   Reply With Quote