View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 03:18 PM   #527 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

Must have been a slow day at the office for this writer and he decided to make something up.

Carlos Ghosn is a very savy businessman and because of that, I doubt this will ever occur. Here's why, the Juke sell's about 3K units a month in the US (decent but not even close to the 25-30k unit Altima status). If they create a 2nd model in this lower priced, compact, crossover segment, there is a real possibility that it would just take away from the Juke's sales numbers. So really, creating a 2nd car in a 3k a month sales area? Very dumb business move in my opinion.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, Nissan should make the next Z close to a C7 competitor (which sells about 3k units a month) and could possibly release it a year after the new Infiniti Q60 debuts. Keeping their very efficient manufacturing set up of shared architecture as well as manufacturing plant where the Infiniti Q50, Q60, Z & GTR are made. Nissan can share that same 400hp turbo v6 going into the Q60 right into the Z, keep it's weight similar to the current Z and focus on driver feel.

With starting prices of $40-$45k, they will retain they're current sales volume of 600 units per month, plus the real oppotunity to steal some Corvette, Mustang, Camaro, Porsche and BMW customers. IMO this is a much bigger playing field and would not conflict with stealing sales from another Nissan product.
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote