View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 02:18 PM   #710 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
I know thats what you suggested, and I was going to swap it back (switched it to this when I was having all sorts of pressure issues) and there have been no ill effects at steady state the pressure stays even +- 1-2psi. If I start to have issues I will put it back. I never looked at my trims yet but when im do that will give me a better idea on what the system is doing.
The VVEL system will run the engine at as little as zero vacuum during steady state cruising. You fuel pressure will swing around about 10psi up and down if you are watching it at the right time. Whether it bothers you or not just depends on your expectations of the tune and its consistency. With a VVEL engine, manifold vacuum is not a consistent or linear measurement of engine load. With that relationship broken, the only way you can gain true repeat-ability of the fuel pressure is to take the vacuum out of the equation. It wont hurt the engine or even matter during full throttle... it would basically just be like a little gremlin sitting in your engine bay turning your fuel pressure up and down when cruising down the road.

Last edited by phunk; 08-24-2015 at 02:24 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote