View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 11:20 PM   #39 (permalink)
conmam
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Touring 6MT
conmam is on a distinguished road

Got mine done this month. A lot of work for a nice and professional job.

Front AP Radical with Ferrodo DS2500 pads . Rotor dimensions : 370 mm x 36 mm. Stillen billet aluminum hat and billet aluminum bracket.

Front brake lines : Modified OEM with factory Nismo stiff rubber lines

Rear OEM Akebono with RacingBrake 2 piece rotors and Hawk Street 5.0 pads. Rotor dimensions : 350 mm x 23 mm.

Rear brake lines : OEM Nismo stiff rubber lines.

I only posted photos for the front since I had no chance to take the rear photos yet.

Driving impression and proper bedding:

By the way, I have to give Stillen 2 thumbs up for designing such a superior adapter bracket and hat. Really, even the most expensive BBK can be a piece of junk if these 2 components are not designed properly.
Also, these brakes are quiet, so quiet that it somehow scares me of how could this be. I expect some noise at least but so far..... Absolutely no noise. Just like OEM....... Still don't know why.

1)) First, don't be alarmed when you started driving a brand new set of performance brakes. There were hardly any grabs and so proper bedding is GRAVELY IMPORTANT in order to achieve the correct and even pads deposit and to avoid hot spots which can lead to premature rotor warping or even cracks later on when subjecting them to severe use

2)) At about 100 miles with light to medium hard bedding on them and the bites just keep getting better and better. By now I can see an beautiful bluish even deposit on all 4 discs

3)) 200 miles now. Harder braking and it keeps on getting better. Modulation is EXCELLENT and superior to Akebono front. VERY nice and VERY stiff pedal. I can guarantee that these stiff Nismo lines are no less stiff than the Goodridge lines and they give me a much more piece of mind when it comes to reliability and quality.

I will post the end result when I subject them to real hard braking later on.

See all photos below . Enjoy and ask if you have questions:

conmam is offline   Reply With Quote