View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #68 (permalink)
Denny McLain
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 96CE hotrod
Denny McLain is on a distinguished road

Deal!

Ordered new cats and Y-pipe that should be in tomorrow but I'll hold off on putting them on the car. Is there a certain engine temp you like to see the runs performed at?? The car did lose a tiny bit of hp with the oil temp @220 vs just below 200 or was that an abnormality due to only 150 miles on the car?

Some cars loose quite a bit with heat soak (like my Ltx Vette) and some like the LS1 make more power typically around the third run so let me know.

My personal e-mail address is: d48mclain@tx.rr.com - phone 817-430-1324

Absolutely love to see vendors belly up at the bar like real men for a change. As mentioned, it's in everyone's best interest to sort out the posers from the players. You'd really be surprised at what dyno tricks some of the big name local tuners play.

Man.......I just love this stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle@STILLEN View Post
Hey Guys,

Josh just told me about the offer Denny has made and we're in. In the past we have always been ready to stand behind our products and put them to the test. We just ask that you follow a few simple guidelines to ensure a fair and equal testing environment.

1) You perform a minimum of 7 runs. We have found that these engines will learn the new parts and we have literally watched the cars gain more and more power on each pull up to about the 9th run. They don't typically climb any higher after the 9th run.

2) You do not remove the car or adjust the tie downs in between dyno pulls. By loosening or over-tightening the straps you can either gain or lose horsepower. The intake must be installed on the dyno with the straps not being touched at all.

3) You document the installation completely with pictures and feedback. Also, tell us what you think of the intake, construction, materials, out of box experiences.

4) This must be tested on a bone-stock car. No other modifications can be on the car for either the baseline or the STILLEN Gen. 3 testing.

If we can agree to these terms then we have a deal. We did the exact same thing for the G37 guys when they tested the intake and it proved to gain the power that we claimed.

These intakes are still in production so it'll be a couple of weeks before we can send them out but we will at least be able to get this ball rolling in the meantime.

Thanks!

Kyle Millen
Denny McLain is offline   Reply With Quote