View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 05:02 PM   #35 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Ninja View Post
The Gorilla is the only one that spins on the outer sleeve.
Easily defeated with a gator grip socket. No wheel lock is sufficient as a primary defense. They are just an additional deterrent and 20 of them is more deterring than 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Ninja View Post
I'm not completely convinced they aren't the right fit. I never experienced a case where when torquing it down, it just kept turning. I need to see for myself what is going on before I can fully comprehend what all the hoopla is about why they supposedly aren't the right fit. I understand there is something about the bent washer, but I haven't seen that in my case yet. You're not supposed to use an impact wrench with these, or crank them on super hard. Either of those could cause bent washers.

But you haven't measured anything or compared them in a calculated manner to OEM lugs? So how do you know they fit properly? All I said was I trust Andrew. If you are interested, I'm sure he would be happy to discuss with you the experience that he has in this area. His phone number is all over this forum lol.

I will add that I've seen OEM wheel locks torqued down with an impact wrench way beyond the specified 85 ft-lbs (I swear it was closer to 150 ft-lbs) by a stupid tire guy and no bent washers. But I understand the design of the OEM lugs is different than the standard aftermarket options and why the washer will bend with these aftermarket locks if treated the same.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote