View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 10:04 AM   #23 (permalink)
jaytirbhaw
Track Member

Drives: 350z HR , Nismo 370z
jaytirbhaw has a spectacular aura aboutjaytirbhaw has a spectacular aura aboutjaytirbhaw has a spectacular aura about

For anyone following the build, here's a list of issues I had with the car when I got it back ...

1. Hose on fuel pump assembly was loose fixed with some help from the forum and phunk
2. Had big boost leaks on a flex pipe and downpipe flange near the wastegate and on my exhaust. This was caused by the dickheads that transported the car to NYC riding it over a big *** bump in the road, flexing the pipe and basically ripping through the flex pipe. Fixed by RAD, had to get new pipe built and welded.
3. Hard time shifting into 1st, 2nd, and R. Clutch pedal needed readjustment and fluid needed to be bled and flushed, fixed by RAD.
4. Almost forgot this one ... toe bolts were installed incorrectly, also fixed by RAD

What's left to fix -
Just a few nicks and scratches. Car came off the transport truck with three dents that it didnt have before and a bunch of scratches. Really annoyed at that, been fighting with the transport company for weeks. Do not use "bright auto transport inc." from NY

Just want to send a shoutout to everyone that helped out on the forum.

As far as Vortex goes, They've been helpful in resolving the issues I've had with the car, sending me extra parts and such quickly. The motor is strong, the kit is well put together. Can't say I'm happy with all the **** I had to correct but they did what they could to make it right. The car is running strong.

How would I rate the kit ? 10/10 for performance. The car pulls like a beast. And I can't wait to see how insane it is after the motor is broken in.

Vortex customer service - I'd rate this a 7.5/10. Communication wasn't as it should be. Bobby Ralston, who is no longer working with Vortex (1/10) was involved earlier on, I didn't have good experiences with him. Called all the time before i gave my deposit, after that i could barely get through to him. Promised me a finished car in March/April .... thats about 4-5 months late?

I do however give Bob Brooks A LOT of credit in trying to fix Ralston's mistakes. Where they fall a little short is the fact that I had to spend a bunch of money to fix problems I didn't have before my car was delivered to them. They did try though, Bob is a good guy. I recommend them and this kit for anyone that is local to FL. I just got tired of waiting and having to go to them, and being all the way up in New York didn't make it easy.

The Vortech techs - 10/10 , great guys with some superb skills.
Bright auto transport and their broker "Tropical" Transport in FL - .5/10. .5 for a single email i got. otherwise No good.

The car is now being maintained by RAD, and so far those guys have been 10/10.

I'll give a more in depth review of the performance of the kit after the break in is over.

Huge shoutout to RAD for getting me back on the road. Now in the process of putting 1000 miles on the built motor so i could turn up the boost and hit my first goal of 600 whp.
2014 Nismo #350 , Built Motor, Top Mount Single Turbo .... 620 whp/ 500 lbs wtq
2012 Track/Drift Z, build coming soon.
Build Thread - http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...70z-build.html

Last edited by jaytirbhaw; 08-20-2015 at 12:55 PM.
jaytirbhaw is offline   Reply With Quote