View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 09:49 PM   #27 (permalink)
Z Ninja
Base Member

Drives: 14 370Z BLK 6MT
Z Ninja is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Second line of defense would be wheel locks. I don't know how many different keys Nissan has for wheel locks (I have encountered 3), but I would put as many different keys as I could on each wheel and use wheel locks on every lug.
I just installed Gorilla Guard Lock #63621 on my 19" Rays wheels (2014 Touring with Sports Package). The outer sleeve spins, so banging a smaller socket on it wouldn't work. I've heard people say, what about just super gluing the outer sleeve? Not sure if that would work, but at least it would give them a problem to deal with and potentially move on to an easier target.

Keeping my Z in the locked garage is the best option and I'm so glad I don't live in some kind of crappy apartment complex any longer. Those places are horrible and the land lords don't give a **** about anything other than collecting the rent. The police don't care either. Any time I've called them, they say they aren't going to investigate and you just file a paper report and forget about it. When you're a victim of car prowls, it's extremely infuriating.
Z Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote