View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 09:21 PM   #65 (permalink)
Haboob
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 GTI Autobahn DSG
Haboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by km1346 View Post
Another short update...

Shop calls me and tells me that they are done with all the suspension repairs. Everything looks good. However, they are waiting on a lot of parts from Nissan that are on back order.. They checked all the Nissans in the U.S. and no one has these parts. So they have to be ordered from Japan, where they are currently on back order.. This pushed my repair date back by two weeks. My car is now expected to return to me in the first week of September if all goes well.. Great.

Guess I'll have to get comfy in this Altima for the time being...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by km1346 View Post
Update:

Spoke with the guy at the shop today and he told me that some of the parts that they had been waiting on order had shipped in early and there are only a couple more small moulds they're waiting on to finish everything. So it looks like I won't have to wait for another 2-4 weeks for back ordered parts!

He also told me to expect the car by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. I was concerned at first, because I felt like they might've used aftermarket or salvaged parts to rush my repairs so I asked him and he assured me only new Nissan OEM parts were used.

There was apparently small damage on the front bumper which he found out later, he repainted it and is applying a brand new clear bra on Friday and will let it sit over the weekend. This was good news, now I just hope that the car drives like it did before the accident, when I go to pick it up next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From my experience, you always add two to three weeks to any body shops' estimated time.

Looks like it still holds true. I wouldn't mind betting that they extend it once more.
Haboob is offline   Reply With Quote